Thursday, August 03, 2006

Wiki-Click It

Wikipedia is amazing. If you haven't used it, you should check it out. It's kinda like Google on Crack. All these people are adding stuff about stuff all the time. It's a living encyclopedia with no real accountability except that of your peers. Or, well, at least your contemporaries. Maybe they are somebody's peers too, but I don't really know.

Which brings me to my next point. Who takes the time to create these articles, and why is there so much information about comic book characters? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining in the least, quite the opposite actually. I'm a big comic book fan myself and it just so happens that my friend John and I have 'invented' a game where you take a topic, Wikipedia it, and see how many clicks it takes to get to a comic book character. We think there's like 6 degrees of separation or something. Here's some of our results so far. Feel free to add to the list as you see fit.

From - - - - - - - ->To - - - - - Clicks
-----------------------------------------
St. George's Cross- >Union Jack - - 3
Sun - - - - - - - - >Superman - - - 2
Tootsie Roll Pop - ->Batman - - - - 2
Appletiser - - - - ->Loki - - - - - 3
Cholesterol - - - - >Poison Ivy - - 4
Cholesterol - - - - >Batman - - - - 4
James - - - - - - - >Wolverine - - -1
Garmin G1000 - - - ->Spider-Man - - 5
Circle of Fifths - ->Fantastic Four 2
America - - - - - - >Judge Dredd - -2
John - - - - - - - ->Union Jack - - 5
Vic Rattlehead - - ->Green Lantern -4

Or you can just roll your eyes, sigh, say something like "my, my, my" and wonder what other nerdy 'games' I try to play.

Tim "spaghetti sandwich" James

1 comment:

Barrett McLain said...

Oh, I'm sorry, were you talking to me?

Barrett "That boy ain't right" Mclain