Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Cellular Schmellular


I don't know why I have such a hard time with it, but it seems I just can't embrace the whole cellular phone revolution. Of course, the revolution is long over, but for some reason I can't get over the fact that the Empire has ended. I at least own a cellular phone now, but I hardly ever use it, and don't give the number out to people, so why do I even have the thing? "Emergency use" I guess, but I'm so illiterate with mine (just look at my feeble attempt to draw it) I probably wouldn't be able to pull that off either. Not to mention I can't even abbreviate 'cellular' properly...

But for all you wireless phone subscribers with worries about the telemarketers thing, don't be... it isn't happening yet according to Snopes.com. Until that day, I'll just keep my 'real' phone as I need those telemarketing calls, survey calls, political messages, and charitable donation calls to give me someone to talk to.

Whoever inventetd that No Call List thing probably had more friends than me, cuz I love a good chat with a complete stranger using a script about the merits of purchasing more items or services I do not need and could never use.

Love it like how I love getting gasoline poured in my ears.

Tim "land line ho!" James

1 comment:

Barrett McLain said...

I am totally with you on that one. I tried gasoline in the ears-didn't like it. Ride on...

B.Mc.