Thursday, August 10, 2006

Up, Up, and Away


Super Grover is one of my heroes. As a kid I had a stuffed Super Grover that I was extremely fond of. Even when it was all ratty and broken-down due to years of (over)-use. I mean, who can't love a superhero who can fly (but has trouble with landings), has to ask people not to step on his cape, wears a nice shiny helmet, doesn't disguise his identity, and learns something about life and/or himself nearly every time he interacts with somebody.

Shine on, you crazy Super Grover, Shine on.

Tim "brought to you by the letter G" James

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BASE jumping to Iron Man--4 clicks

Barrett McLain said...

Shine on? Sounds like we are echoing some John Lennon. Sesame Street was a staple of my upbringing. I'm not sure who my favorite character might have been. I remember that I liked the Electric Company better, and that one guy (Morgan Freeman) was really fun to watch.

Yeah, Grover was himself, even when he was Super Grover...except he could fly...I think.

By the way, Little Richard really gets on my nerves.

Shine on, "Step Into a Slim" Tim James, Shine on.

Barrett "I'm a grouch tonight" McLain

Tim James said...

Sorry Big Bear, but that line's from the Pink Floyd song "Shine on You Crazy Diamond". It's a decent song, and you can learn all that you wanted to and more about it here
in Wiki-land, where reality is determined by democracy.

Tim "no holds barred" James