Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thank you very much

Wow. This is an interesting take on The King to say the least.

One has to wonder about an Elvis impersonation act that is performed in Welsh, by a bald dude, doesn't use Elvis songs, and involves a gold coffin.

Kinda reminds me of Bubba Ho-tep, that cinematic piece of gold where:

"Elvis and JFK, both alive and in nursing homes, fight for the souls of their fellow residents as they battle an ancient Egyptian Mummy"

That and the to-be-released next July Reese's peanut butter cup with banana creme in the middle in honor of The King.

"It brings The King's favorite taste of peanut butter and banana to life, and it's a fantastic way to bring two American icons together."

Or the 'jailhouse Elvises' who helped Davenport, Iowa dig out of the big snow last week.

I don't make this stuff up... at least I don't think I do.

Tim "won't share his Elvis drawing" James

4 comments:

Scott said...

Personally, I think that the Elvis Preanut Butter cup sounds downright manky. I have never understood the Elvo-phile thing. Why can't people emulatea cooler dead rockstar...like Keith Richards?

Anyway...Tim, congrats on actually posting :) Go Pokes.

Scott said...

Emulate, that is.

Anonymous said...

Wowzers...

'downright manky' you say.

I disagree with the dictionary.com definition, but urbandictionary.com hits the nail on the head, methinks. (especially #4)

I see your Pokes props and raise you one Go Big Red!

Keep on shoveling,
Tim "mold glory" James

Barrett McLain said...

I can't understand the Husker speak going on, but I will say that one time I met Elvis when I was a little, little boy. I was in Memphis with my family, and my Dad Mom were getting Elvis tatoos on separate buttock cheeks to remember that fine trip. Apparently, my brother was conceived on that trip. Any, as my Dad and Mom lay there, each with a buttock cheek exposed while getting a tatoo, guess who walks up! The King himself, Elvis Presley. He looked down at my bbq stained face (we had eaten bbq a few minutes before), grabbed my face in his large, peanut butter smellin' hands and said, "Son, those sure some mighty fine cheeks." To this day, I don't know if he was talking about my cheeks.

Barrett "annointed by the king" McLain