Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Giving of Thanks

It's that time of year again, when the family starts trying to get together more often, the leaves all fall down, the food seems to come in larger and more frequent quantities, those people in New York are putting the finishing touches on their floats, the winter coats come out of storage, the college football bowl schedule begins to take shape, the Christmas lights go up (unless you never took them down), the Great Pumpkin has come and gone, the "Good morning window-frost" routine is begun again, Retail Stores are aglow with Christmas Spirit, and we here in North America have given it a name: Thanksgiving.So give a little thanks this season. Or better yet, a lot of thanks. Even better, do it the whole year round. Stop all the madness and running about and take time to reflect on the high points you've encountered on this a here Journey we call Life.

And be thankful you're not Clyde '05. The best laid plans...

Tim "fan of tryptophan" James

5 comments:

springjoy said...

Sweet Turkey

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am thankful to be your friend! Speaking of tryptophan, I am also zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Barrezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Scott said...

Tim,

I talked to Kevin Koster the other day, he told me that M&N has moved because they tore the old building down. They moved to sanitized strip-mall and now have bare, white walls. Kevin said going there was depressing...same food, but not nearly the Normitude. I give thanks that I saw M&N in all of its smoky, awkward live-music, Pipeline poster splendor.

That, and I'm thankful that a Coyote doesn't want to eat me.

Anonymous said...

Nooooooo!!

Say it ain't so, Scotty!

What a cruel fate for M&N. The original Normitude shattered like so much forgotten glass. I wonder if 'Shirtless Norm' still frequents the late-night closing-down routine.

Ahh well, the only constant is change, I suppose.

Tim "Still a Chokelahoma State fan" James

Barrett McLain said...

Hey, I didn't know that you new Kevin Costner!