Thursday, November 16, 2006

Calling Tech Support


So everyone at the company gets an email today from the IT department concerning 'missing' items in Outlook's 'Deleted Items' folder. The reason these items went 'missing' is that something runs regularly on the server to remove old items from the 'Deleted Items' folder.

Apparently this has caused some people concern.

Enough concern that we ALL got an email about it. Company-wide emergency style.

I'm sorry, what was the issue again? I DELETED an email, and now it's gone!!?! How can this be!??! Will the madness never end!!?!

A line from the email:

"IT recommends that e-mail users do not store messages in their Deleted Items folder"

Wow. Sheer brilliance, I say.

Tim "where'd I put that SPAM again?" James

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was pure genious on the IT department. So are they saying I shouldn't keep my student's grades filed in my trash can?

Ron "working on a new filing system" James

Anonymous said...

I love IT. IT tells me to call anytime I need help, even when I am working in the field with my laptop. What does IT say when I call from the field? "I can't help you until you get back into the office." Thanks, IT.

BarrIT