Friday, September 15, 2006

Automated Teller Magic

Some people get all the luck. This never happens at my ATM. What a sweet deal. One times the effort, four times the payoff. I'd be interested in what the conversation went like when this was reported.

PATRON: "Uhm... yeah, I just wanted to let you know your ATM just gave me four times the money I asked for."

EMPLOYEE: "Oh really? Hmmm... Thanks, we'll look into it."

PATRON: "Don't I get some sort of reward or something?"

EMPLOYEE: "Sounds like you already did. Come to think of it, why aren't you over there getting more 'reward' right now? As a matter of fact, why not just go deposit that extra money, come back here, withdraw a little bit more cash, deposit the extra money, deposit a little more cash... wash, rinse, and repeat. Then see how long this goose keeps laying golden eggs."

PATRON: "Oh, hadn't thought of that. Wouldn't that be like stealing?"

EMPLOYEE: "Let's see... you ask for $20 and get $80. $20 of which are taken out of your account, $60 of which are available without charge for you to deposit. You then ask for those $60 and get $240. All of which are free. Sounds like a buy 1 get 3 deal to me. It might be 'like' stealing, but it's not. It's compound interest baby."

PATRON: "Oh, hadn't thought of that."

EMPLOYEE: "Well, thanks for letting me, I mean us know. Like I said before, we'll look into it."

Tim "slow news week" James

1 comment:

Crippdog said...

I could have used a payout like that this week just to pay for repairs on my truck
Tim "snake eyes" Crippen